As a local, independent charity, Citizens Advice Bucks relies on financial support from organisations and individuals to keep our vital service running.
Each year, we are tremendously grateful to our main funders who enable us to continue to go from strength to strength.
- Buckinghamshire Council commissions us to deliver an integrated advice service across Buckinghamshire, and we work closely with them to help improve the way the public is able to access their services, learn about help available, and ultimately together we help improve Buckinghamshire for its residents. We are there to help people emotionally, practically and financially, and in turn, be there for our communities when they most need us. This ensures that whether you are in the villages, towns, or large urban cities of Buckinghamshire, you will experience the same service from us.
- National Lottery Fund – we currently operate two grant awards – Money Matters, and the Future of Advice Project, which between the two help thousands of people each year. The projects help us to train Buckinghamshire Communities in money management, provide debt advice, a telephone helpline for clients in need, and a range of new digital interventions and services we have started to develop.
- Santander Foundation – Support us to help people on money issues, and develop money advice communities across Buckinghamshire. This is tremendously exciting for us, as we test the ideas of community building in helping our communities learn together the skills they need to build out of financial hardship.
- Citizens Advice – we partner with our national charity to deliver the Pensionwise service, and actively work together to help deliver the national helpline, webchat service and much more. Our national charity is a key partner in everything we do, providing our quality assessment frameworks and helping us to deliver brilliant advice, whether you are in Aberdeen or London, Aylesbury or Wales. As a registered member, you can be assured that the advice we deliver is the highest quality, and rigorously and regularly assessed, as is our governance, leadership and management as a charity. This means that all aspects of the way the charity functions is regularly reviewed.
- Oxford Health and Buckinghamshire Mind– we partner with health to plan services, tackle health inequalities and the first project we designed together was Safehaven, a programme that is delivering innovative outcomes for people who are in mental health crisis, and helping them solve the practical, financial, and emotional issues that contributed to their mental ill health.
- Chiltern Foodbank and Trussell Trust – we are funded by the national Trussell Trust, in partnership with Chiltern Foodbank, in an innovative project to help people in the Chilterns who are falling dependent on foodbanks to improve their financial situations with debts and benefits advice.
- Rothschild Foundation– we are very grateful to be partnering with the foundation on delivering welfare relief and debt advice in Buckinghamshire, a partner that has provided a valuable lens of reflection on our strategid directives in Buckinghamshire.
- Clare Foundation– Clare Foundation have provided an important partnership for us, not only building our capacity as a charity, but playing a critical friend role, supporting our financial insecurity partnership and helping us with critical innovation to respond to crisis.
- Paradigm Housing Association– we are really grateful to Paradigm for our work together delivering debt advice for clients who are struggling and in financial difficulties with rent arrears or other known debt issues.
- BACAB- our sister charity- BACAB provides support to Buckingham and Winslow residents through its grants and fundraising activities, making sure local people isolated from main access to service centres like Aylesbury and High Wycombe still continue to receive our support.
- William Harding’s Charity-We are very grateful for the continued support of the William Harding charity. They have been a long term supporter of our work and their funding contributes to our everyday service delivery, helping us to help those in Bucks who need us.
- Do you own or work for a local business? If you think you could help us in any way we would love to hear from you.
Thank you to all our partners and sponsors this year. We are very grateful for your support which enables Citizens Advice Bucks to help those most in need in our community.