Citizens Advice Bucks is registered with the Fundraising Regulator.
We are committed to adhering to their code of practice and to fundraising and communicating with our donors and public in an honest and transparent way. We hope that everyone who supports us whether by generously donating to us, attending an event or volunteering with us has a positive experience where they feel their support is valued.
Our Fundraising Promise
We commit to:
- Comply with the law as it applies to charities and fundraising.
- Monitor fundraisers, volunteers and third parties working with us to raise funds, to ensure that they comply with the Code of Fundraising Practice and with this Promise.
- Always put our clients and services first and to spend money in the way that is best for them.
- Explain our fundraising costs and show how they are in the best interests of our cause if challenged.
- Giving a clear explanation of how you can make a gift and change a regular donation.
- Displaying the Fundraising Regulator badge on our fundraising material to show we are committed to good practice.
Our commitment to you:
- We will respect your rights and privacy.
- We will keep your personal information safe, ensuring all personal and financial information is held securely and in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation and the Data Protection Act 2018.
- Should you wish to withdraw or cease a donation to us we will respect your decision.
- We promise to keep you informed about why we need to fundraise and what is being achieved with the donations received.
- Where the law requires, we will get your consent before we contact you to fundraise.
- If you tell us that you do not want to be contacted in a certain way, we will honour your request.
- You can contact us at anytime to change the way we contact you or to opt out of future communications. Please do so via: [email protected]
Feedback from our supporters is important to us and we encourage you to contact us if you have suggestions or want to share a positive experience with us. We promise to listen, and feedback often helps us shape future fundraising activity.
We will always respond to your enquiries in an open, honest, courteous, and professional way.
If you are unhappy with anything we have done, or not done please let us know so we can apologise and try to resolve it. Should you wish to get in touch or make a complaint please address it to Anna Driver, Head of Fundraising and Communications at [email protected] or Tel: 01494 328115.
If we cannot resolve your complaint, we accept the authority of the independent Fundraising Regulator to make a final adjudication. To find out more, please visit the Fundraising Regulator website.